National Science Fund Archive
This is an Archive of the announcements, contests and news of the NSFB (National Science Fund of Bulgaria). All current procedures and contests are located at www.fni.bg
Scientific Co-operation between Eastern Europe and Switzerland
General Information and 2nd Call for Proposals:
At the end of 2008, the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF); and the Swiss Agency for
Development and Cooperation (SDC) of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs
launched a new phase of the programme; “Scientific co-operation between Eastern Europe
and Switzerland” (SCOPES 2009-2012). The option of multilateral projects; (see chapter 4.3);
has been introduced during the current phase.
The present 2nd call for proposals will be open from 1 November 2010 to 15 March 2011.
Detailed information on submission processes and eligibility are outlined below and on the SNSF
website; (www.snf.ch -> International -> Europe -> Eastern Europe: SCOPES -> call for
Two year scholarships in China
The European Commission provides scholarships for two-years education; as well as research work in China for young scientific workers from the member states of the EU. The first 6 months will be dedicated to studying Chinese. Then scientific and research activities will be performed in a Chinese institution. The deadline for application is 05.09. 2008 г.
For more information: http://7fp.mon.bg/page.php?category=405&id=1971
Videos presenting science in an accessible and fun way for everyone; including children
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE PROJECTS FINANCED BY THE SCIENTIFIC FUND
Due to the reduced budget; (under 40 million leva) of the National Science fund for 2010. Along with the huge debts for this year (nearly 70 million leva); we inform all leaders of contracts that the debts will not be paid out to more than 50%. In a short period of time the fund will begin inviting the leaders of the contracts to sign anexes to the contracts; forming new agreements.
CONTEST “STIMULATING SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH IN THE STATE UNIVERSITIES” – 2010
Regarding the many questions on the matter, we are pointing out the following:
1. Individuals who have not submitted on time the reports or contracts with the “Scientific Research” fund; or are leaders of another project financed by the Fund cannot be leaders of a project.
2. NRC to DVU can be depositors on projects in their qualities of candidates for funding in the contest session of 2010.
3. When concluding the contracts, the leaders of projects are to declare; that within two months of submitting the documents for participation in the contests; they will submit to the authorized representatives from the correspondent scientific organization their own. As well as of the participants in their scientific collectives; the required up-to-date data for the Registry.
“National Science Fund” of the Ministry of education; youth and science of the Republic of Bulgaria and the Ministry of education and scientific research of Germany; in the framework of the bilateral scientific and technical cooperation for the period of 2010-2011; invite all universities and research institutes to apply with developments of scientific research projects.
End date for submission of proposals in the electronic system of the National Science Fund of Bulgaria; is 30.06.2010
The online system of the National Science Fund: http://nsfb2009.net
After this deadline no new projects; or additions to them will be accepted.
On paper documents; the projects must be submitted at the latest in 14 days, after the closure of the electronic system; or until 15.07.2010 at address:
National Science Fund of Bulgaria
“Al. Stamboliyski” 82. blvd. in the building of the Mechanics as well as technology school, left parter
For contacts and additional information:
Ministry of education, youth as well as science
telephone. (02) 92 17 545
CONTEST FOR BILATERAL COOPERATION IN THE FIELDS OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATIONS BETWEEN BULGARIA AND MACEDONIA
The ministry of education, youth and science of the Republic of Bulgaria; as well as the Ministry of education; as well as science of Republic Macedonia; in the framework of the bilateral scientific and technological cooperation for the period 2010-2012; invited all universities; as well as research institutes to apply with developments for joint scientific projects.
The duration of the projects is two years/the project cannot be extended to a time limit of three years/
Deadline for online applications – 27.01.2010
Deadline for submission of paper documents – 10.02.2010 г.
Priority Scientific fields:
1. Agriculture, bio-technologies, food;
2. Chemistry, pharmaceutics;
3. Ecology, protection of the environment and improvement of the quality of live;
4. Reduction of the risk; as well as management of natural catastrophes;
5. Social; as well as Humanitarian sciences.
The goal of the contests is financing projects with a specified thematic field; and with results of mutual interest for the partnering countries and organizations.
Financial conditions regarding the exchange of scientists:
1. Travel expenses to Macedonia for Bulgarian scientists
2. Daily subsidy for Macedonian scientists in Bulgaria:
– short term visits /up to 12 days/ – 40 euro a day;
– long term visits /1 to 3 months/ – 400 euro a month.
3. The host country bears the costs of eventual travel in the country, when related to the realization of the project. Besides the filled up forms (NTS2009_application_fdrm_BG.doc; as
well as NTS2009_application_fdrm_ENG.doc) the proposals must contain a DESCRIPTION of the scientific research; free text in Bulgarian and English in size up to 7 pages; in which the scientific research must be described; (analysis of the condition and research on the problem; previous research of the teams, goals, hypothesis, approach, methods, interests of cooperation of the two teams; expected results and practical applicability).
For additional information:
Republic of Bulgaria
Directorate “Scientific research”
Ministry of education, youth and science
Telephone: (02) 92 17 536
Encouragement of the scientific research in fields of priority (Thematical contest)
Provisional budget of the contest for 2009 г – 14 000 000 leva.
Minimum amount of the grant for the program period – 60 000 leva.
Maximum amount of the grant for the entire program period – 600 000 лв.
The goal of the contest is to encourage the performance of quality and competitive scientific research in the following priority fields:
1. Renewable sources of energy; as well as energy saving technologies;
2. Biotechnologies, foods as well as health;
3. Material sciences and nanotechnologies;
4. Informational as well as communication technologies;
5. Ecology, climate changes, biodiversity and biological resources;
6. Cultural and historical heritage, national identity; as well as social environment;
7. Scientific research in support of a strong and working Bulgarian industry.
· inter-institutional integration of universities; as well as higher education institutions; scientific links of the Bulgarian academy of sciences; and of the Agricultural academy, ventures, NGOs and others;
· intensification of the link science; “business”.
In the contest can participate:
· scientific organizations;
Click here to go to the homepage to check out some more interesting posts.